Starting Sales of Miyano “BNA42SY”, Featuring LFV Technology with Hand Scraped Slideways for the First Time
Number of Machine Models Equipped with LFV Technology Increased to 12
CITIZEN MACHINERY CO.,LTD.
CITIZEN MACHINERY CO., LTD. (Karuizawa Headquarters: Miyota-machi, Kitasaku-gun, Nagano-ken, President: Keiichi Nakajima) will start sales in December 2022 of the Miyano “BNA42SY” fixed headstock type CNC automatic lathe, which will be the first machine with hand scraped slideways to be equipped with its unique LFV (low-frequency vibration cutting) technology that successfully resolves various issues relating to chips.We will exhibit this product at JIMTOF 2022, which will open on November 8, 2022.
The Miyano “BNA42SY” is a best-selling machine with a 2-spindle/1-turret configuration enabling complex machining, and is capable of stable machining with its highly rigid base and turret.Hand scraped slideways are used on all axes, and equipping the turret with LFV technology on this model makes it possible to resolve various issues relating to chips, even with difficult-to-cut materials like inconel and stainless steel that require rigidity on machines used for machining, helping customers achieve more stable production.
Hand scraped slideways are characterized by sliding surfaces that make contact mediated by an oil film, large contact faces and high rigidity, and by taking sufficient time to verify the effects of vibration on these slideways and resolving the issues discovered, we succeeded in equipping LFV in conjunction with them.
Number of Machine Models Equipped with LFV Technology Increased to 12, to be Further Increased Progressively
Following the start of sales in 2013, we equipped the long-selling Cincom L20 model of sliding headstock type automatic lathe with LFV technology in 2016, then in 2021 we equipped a turret tool post with LFV technology for the first time on the Miyano ANX42SYY fixed headstock type automatic lathe.This equipping of LFV technology on a Miyano “BNA42SY” configured with hand scraped slideways brings the total number of models with the technology to 12.
Having succeeded in equipping LFV technology with the hand scraped slideways that have been so strongly requested by customers, we will continue to increase the number of machines equipped with LFV.
- Explanation of hand scraped slideways：Broadly speaking, automatic lathes have two slideway mechanisms (mechanisms whereby the machine moves by sliding): “hand scraped slideways” and “roller slideways”.The “hand scraped slideways” have sliding surfaces that make contact mediated by an oil film, leading to the advantages of large contact faces and high rigidity.The “roller slideways” operate by rolling using linear guides and roller guides in their mechanism, leading to the advantages of excellent responsiveness and operability.
About LFV Technology
What is LFV technology?
The servo axes are vibrated in the axial direction using a unique control technology whereby cutting is performed while synchronizing this cutting with the rotation of the spindle, and chips are broken up into smaller pieces by providing “air-cutting” time where the tool makes no contact during cutting.
Effects of LFV technology
(1) Improves the efficiency of small-diameter deep hole machining
(2) Makes it possible to finely break up chips even when turning difficult-to-cut materials, which tends to generate long chips
(3) Prevents scratching of workpiece surfaces
(4) Substantially reduces the volume of chips
(5) Achieves high-precision machining over long periods
■ Difference in shape of chips of the same weight
Left：Chips generated by conventional cutting
Right：Chips generated by LFV technology
- “LFV” is a registered trademark of Citizen Watch Co., Ltd.
About the Miyano “BNA42SY”
The Miyano “BNA42SY” fixed headstock type CNC automatic lathe is a best-selling machine which, despite its compact size, has a highly rigid base and turret with a 2-spindle/1-turret configuration enabling complex machining.
Main Characteristics of the BNA42SY
1.Base and turret rigidity increased
Rigidity has been increased by a heavier new design for the base, and by adopting hand scraped box slideways on all axes.
2.12-station turret featuring a Y axis and left/right simultaneous machining realize high efficiency and complex machining capability
The 12-station turret equipped with an Y-axis and the capability of simultaneous left/right machining using the front and back spindles, including superimposition machining where the back spindle follows machining at the front spindle, realizes high efficiency including shorter machining time, as well as complex machining capability.
3.Rotary tools mountable at all turret stations for improved multifunctional performance
Since rotary tools can be mounted at all of the 12 stations, multi-functional machining performance has improved.
|Max. machining diameter of front spindle||Collet||ø42㎜|
|Max. machining length||100㎜|
|Max. chucking diameter of back spindle||Collet||ø34㎜|
|Back spindle speed||Max.5,000min-1|
|Axis strokes (feed distances)||X axis||140mm|
|Number of stations for mounting tools||12 (1 turret)|
|Revolving tool capacity||Max. 12|
|Max. drilling diameter by revolving tool||ø10㎜|
|Max. tapping diameter for revolving tools (cutting tap)||M8|
|Tool size||Turning tool||□20mm|
|Motors||For spindle drive||11/7.5 kW/5.5 kW (15%/15 min/cont.)|
|For back spindle drive||5.5/3.7kW(15min/cont.)|
|For driving rotary tools||2.8/1.0kW|
|Required floor space||W2,350 × D1,433mm|
- CITIZEN MACHINERY CO., LTD. Corporate Planning Department
- +81-267-32-5911(Direct line)
- Citizen Watch Co., Ltd. Public & Investor Relations Department
- +81-42-466-1232 (Direct line)
- CITIZEN MACHINERY CO., LTD. Sales Division
- +81-267-32-5901 (Direct line)