LFV technology stands for low frequency vibration cutting.
The servo axes are vibrated in the axial direction using
a unigue control technology where by cutting is performed while synchronising
this vibration with the rotation of the spindle.
This cutting method introduces regular "air-cutting" into the cycle,
breaking up of chips into very small pieces making it the optimum processing method
for difficult-to-machine materials.
- Which materials is LFV best suited for?
- Inconel alloy, titanium, stainless steel, iron, copper, nylon, plastic, and more.
A variety of types of machining can be handled
- Z axis direction
- X axis direction
- Deep hole drilling with an oil hole drill
Finely fragmented chips are discharged smoothly along the flutes in the drill, greatly reducing the number of steps required.
- Micromachining to 0.2 mm in diameter
Comparison with the lead (0.5 mm dia.) of a mechanical pencil
LFV makes it possible.
Two vibration modes
- Mode 1Designate the number of vibrations per workpiece rotation
- When fine swarf fragments are required
- Mode 2Designate the amount of workpiece rotation per vibration
- When high peripheral speed is required for fine machining or deep, small-diameter holes
Easy to use
Simply add two lines (start/stop) to your existing NC program to have the NC automatically execute vibration operation.
You can also switch ON and OFF in individual command lines.
LFV command format
Q.1Did LFV sufficiently break up of chips?
- Sufficient fragmentation
- Greatly reduced entanglement
Q.2Did LFV result in fewer momentary stoppages?
- No longer a need to check for swarf entanglement
- No change in the number of momentary stoppages
- No momentary stoppages to begin with
Q.3Was the volume of chips reduced?
- By 50-90%
- No real change in collection frequency
- Not sure due to the use of a chip conveyor
Q.4Are you satisfied with the LFV?
- More reliable production quality
- Takes some getting used to, but very effective
- Getting used to having LFV may actually cause problems
- We'd like to extend tool life a bit more
Q.5Will you continue to purchase LFV?
- It is effective for unmanned operations
- Drastically reduces swarf-related problems
- We don't need it on every machine
- Depends on what it will cost
Want proof of this positive customer feedback?
About 60% of the L20s purchased in Japan
are ordered with LFV !
Equipment available with LFV
Opening up new possibilities in machining technology
with low frequency vibration cutting
The VC03 is Citizen's first machining tool to come equipped with LFV, opening up new possibilities in machining technology. Its compact, space-saving design shortens production lines, while an accuracy-boosting machine configuration carried over from the GN series delivers incredible precision.
Built with a modular design
versatile enough for modern manufacturing
The L20 is our best-selling Cinecom machine and comes in four different models, ranging from a 5-axis machine with excellent cost performance to a high-end machine equipped with B axis and a back spindle Y axis. LFV is available as an optional feature to further expand your machining possibilities.MORE
Detachable guide bushing comes standard to handle
all small-diameter work with 5-axis control
The detachable guide bushing can be fitted or removed quickly and simply, making it possible to do processing work that once took two machines to accomplish. The L12 does it all. Equipped with a 15,000 min-1 high-speed spindle, 10,000 min-1 rotary tools, and optional LFV, you're ready to take on nearly any type of small-diameter machining tasks.MORE
Integrated machining modules for multi-spindle machining
makes the MC20 ready to handle all kinds of process layouts
The MC20 is made up of three machining modules, integrating three single-axis lathes into one machine unit. Customized settings for workpiece IN/OUT and paths help you achieve ideal process distribution and workflow. And of course, all of the modules come with the option of LFV.MORE
Turret and gang tool post open up
rich array of machining possibilities
Innovative structure gives you all the versatility of a turret plus the high speed of a gang tool post, making it possible to mount up to 43 tools. Three-system configuration allows simultaneous machining with up to three tools. Add the option of LFV for a rich array of machining possibilities.MORE
The L32 features a versatile modular design
capable of handling diameters up to 32 millimeters-the largest in the L Series
The L32 is available in four different models, each with a modular design. The IX and XII models are equipped with a B axis on the gang tool post rotary tool, making it possible to machine angled holes from multiple different angles or simultaneously control contouring along four axes. Add optional LFV to drastically reduce swarf-related issues.MORE
- Download catalog
- Register your information to get access to the full
Citizen Machinery product catalog.
We're happy to answer your questions and share more about our products and technologies.
Feel free to contact us by phone or via our online contact form.